Oral piercings are piercings in and around the mouth. Inside the mouth, these include:
- Tongue piercing, including horizontal tongue piercing, tongue surface piercing and venom piercings.
- Tongue web piercing
- Smiley and Frowny piercings.
- Less commonly, uvula piercing.
Many oral piercings are actually only "half oral" in that one half of the piercing is inside the mouth and the other half outside. In these cases, the aftercare is two-fold, with the inside being treated like a tongue piercing and the outside being treated like a body piercing. These piercings include:
- Labret piercing, lip piercing, madonna piercing, medusa piercing, and vertical labret piercing.
- Also included but not as common are lowbret piercings, vertical lowbret piercings and cheek piercings.
- The Sprung Piercing, a deep oral piercing, is also of this type, although it is very rare.
- Embedded Labret
- Galvanic Corrosion
- Jewelry Aspiration
- Jewelry Swallowing
- Swollen Lip
- Tongue Swelling