Many pieces of body jewelry have 'short forms'.
In part due to catalog codes, body jewelry has evolved a number of acronyms. I'll try and list a few of them here. Please note that some of these, most noteably CBR/BCR are regional terms and may not always be known.
- CBR - Captive Bead Ring. This is the North American term.
- BCR - Ball Closure Ring. This is the European term.
- CBB - Circular Barbell (and sometimes curved barbell).
- BBB - Bent Barbell (that is, a curved barbell).
- BB - Barbell (a straight barbell).
- NS - Nose Screw / Nostril Screw.
- LS - Labret Stud.
That list certainly could be drawn on ad infinitum, but I think that only CBR and BCR are still in common circulation as far as a term that one might speak (rather than just use for ordering purposes).