What is BME?
BME stands for Body Modification Ezine. BME contains the personal experiences of thousands of people all over the planet, in photo and text form. It serves to document the activities of the body modification community in as complete a fashion as possible.
The website is owned and run by Rachel Larratt and customer support is handled by Jen Savage with sys. admin duties handled by Michael Brum. There are also other BME staff members (some of whom are retired), and of course the heart and soul of the site, the volunteers and community members who make it all possible.
BME contains the personal body modification experiences of thousands of people all over the planet, in photo and text form. It serves to document the activities of the body modification community in as complete a fashion as possible.
BME can be found online at www.bme.com.
What is BME's goal?
- To let people know they are not alone and to help them to understand who they are and what they are going through.
- To provide a space allowing people to share their experiences with body modification and manipulation.
- To politically and commercially encourage the ethical growth of body modification and manipulation.
- To generate revenue and succeed as a traditional business, and to reinvest a part of these profits in body-related projects.
- To educate the public about body modification and manipulation for the purposes of safety, history, culture, and good will.
- When possible, to unify people interested in body modification and manipulation subjects.
- To never judge one body modification or manipulation activity as more "right" than another and never succumb to public (mainstream or non-mainstream) pressure to draw this line.
- To act as a media liason to encourage accurate portrayals of body modification and manipulation and to encourage positive mainstream acceptance of body modification and manipulation activities.
- To work with other body modification and manipulation groups to further our common goals.
For legal reasons many sections of BME are adults only and may be viewed only by those of legal age to do so. If you believe that someone is violating those rules, or you come across content that you believe was submitted by someone who did not have the legal authority to do so please let us know and it will be dealt with promptly. In addition, if you find sexual content in a section of the site which may be accessed by minors, please let us know.
That said, BME has documented (and experienced) the positive effect that body modification has had on the lives of many young people and will continue to do what it can to protect and embrace their right to modify their bodies as they see fit in a positive and affirming fashion. Concerned parents (and young people) are more than welcome to contact us if they have any questions or have anything they need to discuss.
BME covers all forms of body modification and body modification related ritual. As such, this includes body modification and manipulation of the genitals, as well as erotic play involving these subjects.
We have done our best to present this material tastefully, but we strongly urge parents to browse the internet with their children to ensure they do not come into contact with questionable material.
BME contains documentation of dangerous and/or life-threatening activities of sometimes questionable legality -- BME accepts no responsibility or liability for the actions of others and urges anyone interested in this subjects to educate them completely and seek professional assistance.
Attempting to replicate any of the acts seen on these pages, including body piercing, can result in serious injury and/or death. We STRONGLY urge you to consult a professional before continuing.