From BME Encyclopedia
- The Church of the Living Flesh is founded.
- October 1st, 1998: The Night of 1000 Scars takes place in New York City.
- PFIQ ceases publication after 50 issues.
- BME/HARD, the adult/erotic wing of BME, is founded.
- Shannon Larratt and Shawn Porter meet at a Detroit, Michigan hotel room and discuss what would later become Modcon.
- Jesse Jarrell moved to Phoenix, Arizona and teamed up with Steve Haworth to start Fractal Creations.
- Body Basics closed.
- Patrick Bartholomew did the first cautery (heat) tongue splittings.
- Mick Noland passed away.