Lesley Hovvels was getting more and more piercings and tattoos, 118 when she died. She only stopped when her piercer refused to do any more, since he claimed she was unwilling or unable to practice utter minimums of hygiene. To make a long story short, the end result of so many infected piercings was blood full of bacteria and toxins (septicaemia). The blood poisoning led to a fatal heart attack in January of 2000.
Lesley was survived by an 18-year old daughter.
It should be noted that Ms. Hovvels also had Hepatitis C, and that she was far more to blame than the piercings themselves. As a general rule, if you have over a hundred wounds, and you don't take care of them, you will die, pierced or not.