D&C Green 6
From BME Encyclopedia
D&C Green 6 is a color additive contained in Tattoo Goo.
- Sec. 74.1206 D&C Green No. 6.
- (a) Identity. The color additive D&C Green No. 6 is 1,4-bis[(4- methylphenyl)amino]-9,10-anthracenedione (CAS. Reg. No. 128-80-3).
- (b) Specifications. The color additive D&C Green No. 6 for use in coloring externally applied drugs shall conform to the following specifications and shall be free from impurities other than those named to the extent that such other impurities may be avoided by current good manufacturing practice:
- Volatile matter (at 135 deg.C), not more than 2.0 percent.
- Water-soluble matter, not more than 0.3 percent. Matter insoluble in carbon tetrachloride, not more than 1.5 percent.
- p-Toluidine, not more than 0.1 percent.
- 1,4-Dihydroxyanthraquinone, not more than 0.2 percent.
- 1-Hydroxy-4-[(4-methylphenyl)amino]-9, 10-anthracenedione, not more than 5.0 percent.
- Lead (as Pb), not more than 20 parts per million.
- Arsenic (as As), not more than 3 parts per million.
- Mercury (as Hg), not more than 1 part per million.
- Total color, not less than 96.0 percent.
- (c) Uses and restrictions. The color additive D&C Green No. 6 may be safely used for coloring externally applied drugs in amounts consistent with current good manufacturing practice.
- (d) Labeling. The label of the color additive shall conform to the requirements of Sec. 70.25 of this chapter.
- (e) Certification. All batches of D&C Green No. 6 shall be certified in accordance with regulations promulgated under part 80 of this chapter.
- Source: FDA website.