|Birth Date||June 4, 1975|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, USA|
Angelina Jolie, born June 4, 1975 in Los Angeles, California, USA is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. Her film career spans over 30 movies. She was appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva, Switzerland after her visits to Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Pakistan.
Her extensive tattoo collection has been well documented, and she is one of the most heavily tattooed popular actresses of our time.
- The letter H (for her brother James Haven) on the inside of her left wrist.
- "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages" (Tennessee Williams) on her left forearm.
- A large prayer for her son Maddox on her left shoulder which covers up the Chinese "death" tattoo.
- Two pointy black tribals on the lower parts of her back.
- Quod me nutrit me destruit (Latin for "What nourishes me also destroys me") several inches below her navel, became prominent after her pregnancy announcement.
- Tilted Latin cross on the lower left of her abdomen.
- Large, Asian tiger on her back.
- A dragon under the tiger.
- XIII (number 13 in Roman numerals) on her left forearm.
- Arabic for "strength of will." (العزيمة) on her right forearm.
- "know your rights" just under her neck between her shoulders.
- Dragon on her left arm (she has been lasering it for some months now, but it can still be faintly seen).
- "Billy Bob," the name of her former husband Billy Bob Thornton, on her left arm (like the dragon, it is still somewhat visible despite having been in the process of removal for a long time).
- Chinese character for courage, now covered by the Tennessee Williams quote.
- Chinese character for death, now covered by the prayer for her son.
- Tattoo both Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina had a copy of. It was on her right forearm, now covered by the "strength of will" tattoo.
- Dragon she got in Amsterdam while drunk, now covered by the Latin cross.
- Window on her lower back. On 'Inside the Actors Studio', she explained that she covered this tattoo, because, while she used to spend all of her time staring through windows wishing to be outside, she now lives there all of the time.
Jolie has gone on record as saying that a positive effect resulting from the large number of tattoos on her body is that, while she is not opposed to film nudity, filmmakers have been forced to become more creative when plotting any nude or love scenes involving her. Make-up has been used to cover up the tattoos in productions such as the Tomb Raider films, Original Sin, Alexander, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
"I'd sooner be completely naked with my tattoos showing as a raw human being than dressed up in some bikini, because that's not who I am."